About our contest:
For the Ryan R Gibbs Photography Contest, New Delta Review seeks a series of 5-11 photographs to be featured in our journal’s Winter issue. Together, the photographs should tell a story, or be centered on a unified theme of the artist’s choosing. This contest goes hand-in-hand with our flash fiction contest, which seeks a full narrative in 1,000 words or less.
Check out our most recent winning series, Jonathan Jackson’s The House Servant’s Directory, here.
Judge: Elliott Jerome Brown Jr.
Prize: $400 and publication in Issue 10.1 of NDR
Deadline: November 15, 2019
Entry Fee: $5, free after November 8
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- All entries must be the original, previously unpublished work of the entrant.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry fee.
- Each entrant can submit a maximum of two separate entries.
- All work must be submitted through Submittable.
- Send only high quality med-res JPG files.
- Please submit 5-11 photographs as JPG or as a single zip file.
- Submissions will first be looked at by the staff of New Delta Review, who will select the finalists. These works will be passed on to our judge.
- Family, friends and previous students of the judge are ineligible for participation. Current students and faculty of LSU are also ineligible.
About this year’s judge:
Elliott Jerome Brown Jr. (b. 1993) is a conceptual photographer working on ideas related to intimacy, domestic space, and marginality. Brown’s work has been featured in exhibitions at Platform Gallery, Baltimore, Galerie AMU, Prague, Forum Art Space, Purchase, NY, Philadelphia Photo Arts Center, and Polifórum Digital Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico. Brown was a participant in the New York Times Portfolio Review (2016) and the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture (2017). He received his BFA in Photography from the Tisch School of the Arts, New York University. He recently spent the past year participating as an Artist-in-Residence at St. Roch Community Church in New Orleans, Louisiana. He lives and works in Brooklyn, New York.
About Ryan R. Gibbs: This award is in honor of Ryan R. Gibbs (1981-2012), a gifted editor for New Delta Review, an incredible writer of fiction and screenplays, a talented photographer, and, above all, a dear friend. New Delta Review is honored to host this annual award, which was made possible by a generous endowment from his parents, in his name.